Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zara Radio

wbottomley

Default Re: Zara Radio

Lowell... I have my own weather station that FTP's data to my server. I run windows ftp command on a scheduled task to retrieve it. Here's the file: http://www.highcountrylights.com/radio.html

The task runs 2 minutes before the top and bottom of the hour.

The Voice Of Christmas thedementedelf's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    I had this post on LOR about text to voice that I use with my homeautomation server

Yes, it is a script and for the weather text to speech I use the voice Kate from Neospeech, and their voice Paul for weather alerts. This file could be used by Zara.

Other events use voices from Acapela, Heather for announcing caller ID info, and Mike for alerts of someone in the driveway or front porch, voices from AT&T (Julia) for event reminders, etc

Is this what you were remembering?

I use voices from three different companies. Lot's of different voices coming out of speakers all over my house, (sometimes I can't get them out of my head)

You're using computerrized voices to do weather? I'm hurt You're not using The Demented Elf..double sad
    Demented? yes but in the best possible sense.

thedementedelf@charter.net
    www.thedementedelf.com

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Sorry Kevin, Been using these computer text to speech voices since 2003, before I knew you were "out there". Different male and female voices are triggered depending on the event, with both US and English accents.

"Kate" answers the phone and takes messages (only the caller hears this 8K sampled voice),

"Heather", a 16K sampled voice announces who is calling over the house audio system (as well as a reminder every 15 minutes that "Kate" took phone messages untill they are listened to) as well as the evening TV programs - giving a 15 second opt out before the channel is automattically changed to the channel normally watched at that time and day,

"Julia" (16K voice) gives reminders of appointments, things to do (set out garbage, take prescription medicine, etc) as well as current weather info at 2 minutes before the hour (until the local daily sunset) and the daily forecast at 7:30 each morning. All weather info is scrapped from the weather channel web page at 6 minutes prior to the hour and held until 2 minutes till, with a license from the weather channel granting permission for this purpose.

16K male voices include "Paul" for special weather info and alerts from a different Weather Channel url page, and "Mike" for security intrusions and a reminder at 10:00 PM and continuing every 15 minutes if the garage door is still open- if the garage door was already closed as indicated by the sensors this is skipped.

Some events and announcements are preceeded by an attention "tone" or a 2 or 3 tone sequence depending on the event.

I doubt I could afford your service for all the different variations of announcements that are generated on the home automation computer server throughout the day. Plus I like the different voices for different things.

X10 sensors trigger some events and announcements or an X10 trigger can be converted to an infared signal for turning the entertainment center equipment on or off and changing channels (and volume - depending on the channel) based on the time and day of week.

and none of the preceeding dribble has nothing to do with Zara radio.
    John (The Mascot)
    www.tennholidays.com

480 LOR Channels + 2 CCR + 8 Mighty Minis + 10 Rainbow Floods+ 1 vdrive and vflood, Lynx Express and over 40,000 LEDs

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

i have it to turn off works great the reconnect is the problem did you ever get it working???? if you would like to bata test let me know