Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default our zoom room

<our zoom room link has been added to our web site for ease of access if you wish to be added to its contact list send an e mail to mike@thelightsonpurserroad.com or dennycloe@aol.com if your on that list you ll get automatic e mail of upcoming topics or online meetings.Thanks
    are you sure we checked every bulb?why is that one pixel staying on
    ]www.thelightsonpurserroad.com20200 rgb channels for2018

xLights or BUST in 2018 kidcole's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: our zoom room

Quote Originally Posted by mpurser View Post
    <our zoom room link has been added to our web site for ease of access if you wish to be added to its contact list send an e mail to mike@thelightsonpurserroad.com or dennycloe@aol.com if your on that list you ll get automatic e mail of upcoming topics or online meetings.Thanks
    Excellent Mike ! Sometime in the next couple weeks we should schedule a meeting for TASL members to join. A shakedown meeting for everyone to see how simple it is. I was really pleased to see that zoom works perfect from smart phones too ! Just click in and watch .. but keep your phone on a charger since the display will be very active. I could stretch the screen shares to any size I needed through my phone.

Also in our first zoom meeting we can take names of TASL members who want to be hosts. We will also discuss our policy for securing the host access and for members to join. Mike has explored a bunch of options for us, and we can go through them with everyone.

I am tied up through next Monday .. and will need a couple days after that, to catch up at work. Then we'll set a date for this first zoom. Some good candidates for me are Tuesday evening 2/27 or Wednesday evening 2/28. Maybe about 8pm ?? Please comment on preferences.
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

I Went Static in 2017. FINALLY Moving to Xlights for 2018 !

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

sounds like a plan j just do the schedule thing

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Denny's email is wrong in mikes email. Just an FYI I will almost never be able to make an evening meeting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

sorry Eric witch e mail ?

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Just a suggestion and a suggestion only - We may want to ask members are there certain topics they would like to discuss. This will be my first year in lights so my needs may not be something that you former members need. But there may be some former members that feel they have the expertise to host such meeting. Just a thought and again a suggestion only. I'm so excited, I've purchased my first 3 LOR boxes from someone last week and they are due any day.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

tim i9m in zoom click on the link please

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by EricR View Post
    Denny's email is wrong in mikes email. Just an FYI I will almost never be able to make an evening meeting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I should have added a comment that we can schedule more meetings at times that fit people's schedule. I figure you might want to also be a host. It's very easy and not much different from being a participant except for controlling the screen sharing for the meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by TimAvery View Post
    Just a suggestion and a suggestion only - We may want to ask members are there certain topics they would like to discuss. This will be my first year in lights so my needs may not be something that you former members need. But there may be some former members that feel they have the expertise to host such meeting. Just a thought and again a suggestion only. I'm so excited, I've purchased my first 3 LOR boxes from someone last week and they are due any day.
    Yes, we can target zoom meetings to help individuals their specific hardware and software. The experienced members can easily help. Are you also using LOR software or something else ?
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Mike, I just purchased and received today 3 of the LOR CTB16PCg3 assemblies. I have not purchased the software yet. I've heard download the sample until the S5 comes out, wait until the sale since I may need 1 more additional controller. I'm not really sure. Maybe I need a class titled "You Have A Controller - Now What To Do". I'm excited and can't wait to start playing with them.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Mike, I just purchased and received today 3 of the LOR CTB16PCg3 assemblies. I have not purchased the software yet. I've heard download the sample until the S5 comes out, wait until the sale since I may need 1 more additional controller. I'm not really sure. Maybe I need a class titled "You Have A Controller - Now What To Do". I'm excited and can't wait to start playing with them.
    If you intend on using the LOR software and not running anything beyond incandescent or led lights you don't need S5. S4 will do way more than you need... The S5 version is going more towards pixel/rgb stuff with all the current features still available. FYI Don Williams in Wendell is still running S2 software, controlling 800+ channels. We run S4 with the Advanced license and it works great.
    The typically only discount on software is if you bundle if with buying another controller.
    Joel

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Tim Xlights has added controls for ac lights as well as rgb and it handles large channel counts very well.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

We could set up a "best practices" zoom for you, and drag some of the LOR experts in. Over time would could also dive into LOR software basics, and even an advanced meeting if you want. I agree with Joel. Even S4 is very advanced for a beginner. 48 channels is an excellent starting point. I started with 96 and it almost killed me. The important thing is to build as many of your light strings onto fixtures or mountings. There are many styles of tree frames (megatress or smaller styles), Tomato cages make quick mini tress for some channel action, and pvc makes excellent mounts for icicles. Design your storage at the same time so you know where each item can be hung (from a garage or attic ceiling), or on a shelf. You can even create quick shelves above garage doors to hide stuff off season.

Having everything pre-built make resintallation the next year far more simple and will let you grow your display without any more pain that the first year.

While you are thinking about that .. digest some of these tips:

Create a hand drawing or even a formal graphic drawing of where you want your channels. Think from left to right, and from front to back. You don't want all your motion to be sideways. You need depth. The top of your roof is an excellent spot for the furthest back channels, if you put light strings up there. A few items on the roof are good. Then the front edge of your roof, plus icicles. Items left to right across the front of your house .. with bushes. Then items in the yard. Give it a lot of thought to maximize both the width and the depth. Then when you are sequencing you will be able to choose almost endless paths of light movement.

In the beginning it is better to have a lot of different light locations for the movement. Then as you grow, some of the items can become more advanced affects within them. For example, I don't recommend putting more than one color on your bushes or house areas. But later you will want to overlap multiple colors (which starts to eat channels).
    Thanks,

Denny Cole

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

with the addition of our zoom room its not intended to single out any of the software used in our hobby if you have questions please post them here and if there's enough interest we ll have an expert either local zoom with the group or just those who need the help to join in ALSO every one needs to sent a e mail to be added to the auto e mail section of the zoom scheduler [mike@thelightsonpurserroad.com[/email] or [l]DennyCole@aol.com[/email]

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by mpurser View Post
    sorry Eric witch e mail ?
    Which email? Denny' s email since his last name is Cole not Cloe, I am guessing.

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Thanks Micheal.