Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Servo controller for 3 axis skill for a stand alone prop

I'm looking at using the Board of Chuckie from SkullTronix (http://www.skulltronix.com/boc.html) since is a DMX controllable. I'm really not looking at adding this to the overall outdoor display, but used inside the house or in a protected area. Does anyone hear have any experience with this or any other skull controller. The current skull I have is a rack and pinion skull from GraveYardSkulls.com and have the RGB eye kit. So that is a total of 6 servos for movement and two RGB LEDs.
    Rob

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Default Re: Servo controller for 3 axis skill for a stand alone prop

I have no experience with this stuff. But can;t wait to see it !
    Thanks,

Denny Cole
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cole...ristmasLights/

Back to Work <unretired> so I went Static in 2017. Planning xLights when I retire <again>. Maybe 2019 ?

Falcon - 3 F16V3 & 1 PiCap, Sandevices - 2 E681 & 4 E6804, 288 Channels Lynx Express, 108 Channels DC DMX,
    10' Pixel MegaTree, CoroFlakes w/Pixel Modules, Pixel RBLs, 2 Pixel Matrix 16x25, 10" RGB Ornaments, 7x230 Pixel Icicle Matrix,
    Classic 20' AC Megatree, TIR Destiny RGB Spots, RGB Blowmolds, Wireframes, and Inflatables with External Light Control

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Its getting really interesting, my wife is convininced that I went over the deep end...

In addition to the actual servo controller, the controller needs to be programed as well and it appears that the program VSA, by brookshiresoftware.com, is one of the more popular ones. And then to really do some "damage", you need a few other smaller programs to program the movement easier and then yet another to program without actually using the servos. That program is from MonkeyBasic.com... Good new is that after all the software is purchased and the skull animated they way you like, there is a program to convert all that to run on Ligh-O-Rama ServoDog hardware and S3 software...

I'm trying to not do too much this year, but I have 5 new life size props and several dozen "smaller" additions to the inside stuff... This years party will be pretty impressive. Outside, I haven't add too much yet, I still need to do change out to LEDs for the pumkin patch (maybe I can borrow a few of the 5050 modules to see what they look like).
    Rob

Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Just a quick update on this one... I ordered the Board of Chuckie from SkullTronix.com... Controls 16 servos and has one set of RGB outputs... All of that and it's controlled via DMX...

-imageuploadedbytapatalk1348356359.244105.jpg

Yea, I know that he looks like he is missing his teeth, that is because I haven't even glued them in yet...
    Last edited by robb3369; 09-22-2012 at 08:43 PM.
    Rob

This space for rent. Al in Raleigh's Avatar
    Status
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted

Quote Originally Posted by robb3369 View Post
    Jousters a quick update on this one... I ordered the Board of Chuckie from SkullTronix.com... Controls 16 servos and has one set of RGB outputs... All of that and it's controlled via DMX...

-imageuploadedbytapatalk1348356359.244105.jpg

Yea, I know that he looks like he is missing his teeth, that is because I haven't even glued them in yet...
    He's cool. He would make a good politician.
    Al